With Diwali just around the corner, Indian homes go through a major spring clean in order to bring in the new year and welcome Goddess Lakshmi. Also known as The Goddess of wealth and fortune. Illumination is an integral part of this tradition. If you are considering updating your fixtures, then you may want to consider current lighting trends.
Just like in the fashion world, lighting trends are constantly changing too. It’s an effective and time saving way to enhance your interiors.
So here’s what to look out for:
- geometric shapes – move on round and square, shapes of all sorts are now available. Hexagons have flooded the market recently so stay clear of them. These fixtures are simple and versatile and can fit into most interior styles
- industrial lighting – this is a trend that has been around for years. They have evolved to take a more refined look. Brushed brass, matte black and polished chrome are very popular currently
- nature inspired lighting – be it leaves, flowers or the sea – these are just some sources of inspiration that lend to designing light fixtures
- sustainable lighting – paper lanterns, recycled cardboard are materials being used for lighting creating tough and elegant shapes. One such company Graypants even offers non toxic fire retardant finish to their products
- mid-century modern lighting – a continuing trend in design. These fixtures create unique silhouettes that can seen from various angles.
- vintage light bulbs- a trend that is both stylish and cosy and worth investing in as it will continue for years to come
- malleable lighting – these are fixtures that can be shaped to suit your requirements and still remain aesthetic
With so many design options to consider when installing a new light fixture, do take into account your surrounding style of decor, the volume of space and the functionality of the fitting. Is it for general lighting, task lighting or mood lighting? These lighting trends will definitely allow you to make the right choice.